Happy New Year Everybody! I can’t believe it’s been so long since I have blogged. My notebook has pages of inspiration for posts but due to some circumstances in the fall, its been tough to get some good time to blog and share some of these ideas with you! Now that it is a new year I have some new goals to set for myself:
1) Blog more often and more frequently! This is a no brainer clearly. I not only disappointed myself the past few months, but also some of my great friends and readers. I promise to be a better blogger this year!
2) Invest in clothes that will last the test of time. Over the past few weeks I have either sold or donated almost half of my clothes. It feels freeing to have all of this space in my closet. I have never been this organized in my life now that I have room to place things more neatly. After going through a lot of my items it does seem that I have made many not so great impulse purchases from Forever21, H&M, and Target. Although I will continue to purchase trendy pieces for less, I do want to invest in a great trench, a good pair of shoes, or a nice handbag this year. I will meet this goal by setting aside some money I usually spend at the cheaper stores and using it towards an item that I know I will be reaching for over the next decade! Of course I will shop around sales & deals to make sure I get the best use of my money when the time comes. Below are dream items, but I will start the wheels turning on some middle of the road pieces that will stand the test of time without breaking the bank.
3) Continue to stay active. I walk about 3 miles roundtrip a day to work, plus I have a dog so I am constantly on my feet and getting exercise a day without hitting the gym. That being said, my goal over the next few months is to incorporate a little more exercise into my week, starting with at least 4 yoga classes a month. I know that doesn’t sound like much, but slowly I will add in more as I go without being unrealistic!
4) Saying yes for the right reasons and not out of guilt. Reflecting on last year, I know I said yes a few more times than I should out of guilt rather than really wanting to say yes. My Nana in Dublin always says “You please no one, unless you please yourself”. I never really understood what she was saying really until recently. Doing something or spending time with people out of guilt doesn’t always bring you the result you want and in many ways brings little satisfaction to all parties involved. Saying yes more because it is something you truly want to do not only benefits the people involved because you are giving it your all and not dreading it, but will bring true happiness to you. After juggling family and work responsibilities I want to make sure I use my free time most wisely this year with true friends and activities that mean the most to me.
5) DIY Projects. I was AWFUL in 2012 with completing some of my DIY projects. I am guilty of refinishing a chair halfway, cutting and pinning fabric for throw pillows but never actually sewing them and the list goes on. This year I want to get these projects completed, and also take a sewing class or two with my friend Laura since I was never able to attend one with her in the fall.
6)Crow Pose. Ok I have been attempting this yoga pose for 6 years, but ladies and gentleman I can feel it: this is the year it will actually happen!
Love to all you guys and thanks for being a great support! I look forward to 2013 being the best year yet! Do you have any new goals or resolutions for 2013? Please share them with me! XO